Saturday 5 November 2016

My Experience of Meeting Sarah J Maas

Hello Everyone!

So, if you've read by blog before then I am sure you've probably guessed that I am a massive Sarah J. Maas fan.

I absolutely love Sarah's books and I am so attached to the characters and worlds that she has created.

If you haven't read any of her books or even heard of Sarah J. Maas before then let me tell you what you've been missing. You've been missing two massive fantasy series. One by the name of Throne of Glass and the other by the name of A Court of Thorns and Roses.

Throne Of Glass follows a young assassin named Celaena and her journey to achieving her freedom after she lost it when she made the mistake of being captured. Currently there are five books in the series however the last one is coming out September 2017.

A Court Of Thorns and Roses follows another girl called Feyre who will stop at nothing to protect her family. One day, Feyre kills a wolf to put food on the table however it might have been the biggest mistake of her life when she discovers the wolf wasn't really a wolf but a faerie and the cost for killing him is high. Two books are currently released and the final book is expected to be out in May 2017.

Anyway, coming back to the point of this post is to tell you all about my experience of meeting my favourite author.

I was one of the first to purchase my tickets to Dept Con 2 which is Ireland's only YA book convention, as I had a great time when I attended Dept Con 1 the year before. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I bought my ticket before even finding out which authors were attending!

I had suspected that maybe, just maybe Sarah J Maas would come as her UK tour was to be around the same time but I wasn't getting my hopes up. However, one day I came home from school and I had no idea that the first author had been announced. My mum happily told me that Sarah J Maas was going and you can only imagine my reaction. Lets just say it involved a lot of jumping around the house with excitement.

Now, the actual event! It was just fantastic, Sarah talked for about an hour and the venue was packed with excited fans. It was so interesting, Sarah talked about how she connects music to scenes from her books and loads more!

Afterwards followed a signing and I was so nervous meeting her but I made myself speak because I knew that I would regret it if I didn't. Hopefully I didn't make to big a fool of myself! I also gave Sarah a book of quotes that I had made for her, filled with quotes from all of her books. I hope she liked it.

That's all for now, I hoped you enjoyed this post!

Bye!

Related posts:

Dept Con 2: http://youneedtoreadthese.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/dept-con-2-irelands-only-ya-convenrion.html

Throne of Glass Review: http://youneedtoreadthese.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fantasy-corner-throne-of-glass-review.html

Empire Of Storms Review: http://youneedtoreadthese.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/fantasy-corner-empire-of-storms-by.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...