Sunday 9 July 2017

My Reading Habits Book Tag


I came across this tag accidentally and although it appears to be quite old, it looked fun so I thought, why not? 


This is the My Reading Habits Tag!

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I'll read pretty much anywhere but I will read every night in my bed before I go to sleep. 

2. Book mark or random piece of paper?

I'm pretty bad with book marks. I lose them pretty quickly and usually I just close my book and hope I remember the page number (I know, it's shocking) which I rarely do. In terms of what I prefer however I would love a good book mark any day. 

3. Can you stop reading any time you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part etc?

I definitely prefer to stop when I reach a new chapter but if I'm really tired or I'm not really enjoying the book then I can stop anywhere. 

4. Do you eat or drink whilst reading? 

Not really but I mean if the book is the best thing ever and I'm completely obsessed then I would probably try!

5. Can you read whilst listening to music/watching TV? 

Who can read and watch TV? That's like two stories at the same time and therefore I will have to say I can't possibly read and watch TV. However I can listen to music whilst reading although I prefer not too. 

6. One book at a time, or several at once? 

When I was younger I used to read two books at the same time but now a days I prefer to focus on one. If I try and read more than one now, one of the books usually ends up getting sent to the DNF zone. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

I take a book with me everywhere and I will take any opportunity to read! 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Definitely silently in my head. If I read out loud I usually end up tripping over the words and confusing myself!

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?

I have the absolute worst habit of skipping ahead just to see if something I want to happen happens. Sometimes I will even read the last page. It is the most irritating thing as I always end up spoiling myself and I really regret it afterwards. 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

I would love to keep my spines looking lovely and pristine but I think, for me anyway, that breaking the spine is inevitable. Most of the time it doesn't overly bother me but when it does I remind myself that it shows that the book was read and loved. 

11. Do you write in books? 

No, no, no, no, no! 

If you want to do this tag, then go ahead! I tag you all!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I don't write in books, either, but I also never break spines. All my books are basically in pristine condition - unless I bought them second hand!

Charlotte @ Bookmarks and Blogging

Olivia Mitchell (Rewrite This Story) said...

10000000% agree with the last one!!

www.livsbookishlife.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...