Monday 31 July 2017

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

Lord of Shadows is the second book in Cassandra Clare's Dark Artifices trilogy. The first is Lady Midnight.

Why? Why? Why? Why do you do this to me Cassandra Clare? You owe me an explanation at least. It is like she loves to watch her readers suffer, oh wait, she probably does.

After finishing all six hundred and ninety-nine pages (Why couldn't she have written just a little more to get to 700) of Lord of Shadows I was a fumbling mess. I mean that ending! Even if you haven't read it yet you'll know that's really not a spoiler. At this point it's practically a given that all Cassandra Clare books leave you a fumbling mess. If by chance you're reading this and you haven't read any Clare books at all, well, that's a cause for concern. It's not too late to fix it though. Go buy City of Bones and make sure you look up a specific reading order of publication otherwise things get complicated. Well, what are you waiting for? Go! Now!

So Lord of Shadows follows swiftly on from Lady Midnight (which I also have a review for if you're interested) diving straight back in with action packed fight scenes and a group of teenagers smarter than the whole entire adult Clave... yes again, I know it really is tiresome. 

Cassandra Clare also does her usual annoying tactic of stringing the reader along, constantly teasing with things she knows us readers wants and rarely giving them which is what makes her writing so great but you know, I just want my favourite characters to be happy! Throughout the book each member of the Blackthorn family has a variety of missions going on and our lost Herondale Kit settles into the family. Basically Cassandra Clare  has created yet another masterpiece which feels so entirely real, as if I am in the room with the characters and you should just go read it because why not?

After finishing Lord of Shadows my initial reaction was something along the lines of sfidhbchdbvipbcoufhbvjhdbp, I have been stuck in a world revolving around all things Shadowhunters. I just love and I can't get enough of it at the moment. I am constantly thinking what if I am secretly a Shadowhunter too and I just don't know it yet? I mean anything is possible right? I mean look at Clary! I have also really been missing Will Herondale so I think I may have to re-read the Infernal Devices to fix that.

Ultimately the bottom line is that this book has everything you could possibly want and since I read it I haven't stopped thinking about it. As you can imagine I was then unable to read anything else for awhile which wasn't so good. The next complaint I have is that I have to wait for two whole really long years for the third book but apart from that it was the best.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...